ALH Pathway Program is for students to improve their English skills in both general and academic, and prepare for a post-secondary program. Students who have completed ALH General English Level 4 or 5 will meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements for the purposes of admission to certain programs offered by the following colleges.
ANNE'S Language House Pathway partners are being updated on a continuous basis.
Examples of SAIT courses international students can take:
How Pathway Works
Students who have completed our General English 4 or 5 will meet the English language proficiency requirements for the purposes of admission to a certificate, post-diploma certificate, diploma, or applied degree without having to write a required English Proficiency Test, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
Step 1: Take an assessment test
Step 2: Apply for ALH and college program (s)
Step 3: Take ALH English program
Step 4: Complete ALH English program
• Academic counselling to help you choose and apply to College programs.
• Students must apply separately with all supporting academic documents for entry into College programs and ALH will assist with this process.
• Academic support with extra materials for students who have extensive support needs.
English Requirement Equivalency
General English 4 (GE4) — must achieve at least 80% in the level exit test to be granted 65% in English Language Arts 20-1
General English 5 (GE5) — must achieve at least 75% in the level exit test to be granted 65% in English Language Arts 30-1
ALH General English Program Features
• 5 levels from Beginner to Advanced
• Each level has 10 - 12 weeks: 5 - 6 weeks x 2 modules
• Weekly oral presentations to improve speaking skills and gain confidence.
• Weekly review tests to assess students’ progress and identify students’ strength and weaknesses.
• Weekly writing assignments to expand vocabulary and grammar usage and accuracy.
Academic Assessment test
In order to determine the lengths required to complete our English programs, students are asked to take an Academic Assessment Test.
Choose the program and start date
1-year certificates, 2-year diplomas, programs with co-op components or not, program availability, application deadline, admission requirements, etc.
2. Applying for ALH and College
Fill out the ALH application form and send it to school by email. (email@example.com)
Apply online at ApplyAlberta. (https://applyalberta.ca/)
Submit educational documents: Usually a high school transcript and English proficiency documents.
English Proficiency document: SAIT - Anticipated Final Grades.
3. Offer of Admission
Once you have received an invoice, please pay a deposit to ALH. After a confirmation of the deposit payment, ALH will send you a Letter of Acceptance. For the pathway with GE5, you must enroll 30 lessons.
Once you have been offered admission to a program, pay a tuition deposit (SAIT).
After a confirmation of the payment, the student will receive a Confirmation letter (SAIT).
4. Apply for a Study Permit
You can start the application process for a study permit. Some programs include a work experience component or a co-op internship. For these programs, international learners need to apply for a co-op work permit as well as a study permit.
5. Complete ALH English programs
Upon completion of ALH English program, the student can request the school to send an official transcript and certificate to the colleges.
6. Enter college